Monday, April 12, 2010

Stamp It Crazy - Skull and sentiment challenge

The latest challenge over at Stampitcrazy is to use a skull,
and one of your favorite sentiments.
I have a ton of skull/skeleton stamps, and quite few witty little
sentiment stamps as well.
But, I was so overwhelmed, that I chose to go the route
of the Torrente stamp (can't ever lose with these stamps!) and just see where it was going to take me.
I like where I have arrived with this one.
I finally go to use my new 'Heads' background stamp from Stampotique.
I used a faux bleach technique, just using Versamark and clear embossing powder.
On the tutorial I saw, they used glimmer mists to color the background, but I only have a silver mist, and that was not conducive to my color palette, so I used my new favorite ink (Tim Holtz Distressed Ink in crushed olive) to color the heads using a sponge dauber.
For my sentiment, I chose one of my favorite quotes from the brilliantly witty, Dorothy Parker.
This is the only one I actually have in rubber,  but it is one of her best quotes ever!
I have watched the film, "Dorothy Parker and the Algonquin Round Table" with Jennifer Jason Leigh, at least ten times.
There is just something about the wit and candor from that era (the 1920's) that I just find so endearing and intriguing.
And I am rather drawn to the art nouveau and the artistic style from that era as well.
Here is my skull.
It's a cute little puffy sticker that I have adhered to the inside of the flower.
After I chose to use the 'Kolosall' stamp from Stampotique, I figured she was creepy enough that I could get away with using a cute skull.
I love this card, and am still deciding whether to use it as a get well or a birthday card.
It could go either way.

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME card. I wasn't all that organized. My hubby got sick of all my stuff and he built me that crafting unit. I had stuff everywhere. Usually the counter top has paper and markers all over it. Clean it for the picture. Ha ha. You caught me.

    BTW, I really like the vibe of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a detailed card, You did a very Nice job...thank you for playing

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! What a fun quote, and the Torrente images are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY $#!T I love this! That sentiment...ooooohhhhh! Where ever did you get it? Amazing job chica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very cool.
    I've never heard about Dorothy Parker before, but I just looked her up at wikipedia. I think she was a very absorbing person and it's a shame I did not know her before. Have to change this soon.
    Your card is super fantastic. The skull is really cute. And I think that the Torrente stamps go perfectly with the sentiment.
    I also waked your cute bat pet Petunia and walked her around a bit as I alsways do when I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous card! Fabulous stamps, sentiment and technique used on the background! I have never seen that movie - I will have to check it out! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you be ANY cooler??!!!! I don't think so!!

    XO Curse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm Hello! YOU WON!! Please forward your address so I can send you your Skulltastic images...Thank you for playing along! WOO HOO

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.