Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Burtonesque Dolls challenge #11 "Wood" You Like to be in the Movies?

This week's theme at The Burtonesque Dolls is the
cult classic, "Ed Wood".
I used the adorable "Lilah" image from our sponsor this week, Tickled Pink Stamps.
The theme was to keep it black and white and silver (as in the silver screen, I think), and use the film "Ed Wood" for inspiration.
I couldn't find a suitable angora sweater effect, so I just went with one of my favorite quotes from the film.
  
There is a very fine line between genius and madman.

The other quote I tried to work into the project without success was,
Ed: "You know, you're much scarier in real life than in the movies".
Bella: "Thank you". 

Stop by TBD challenge blog and see what the other dolls have cooked up, and
get inspired to play along!

I also was hipped to this groovy Color Me Copic blog and their very first
challenge is black and white using their coloring technique.
This card is perfect for that challenge!
I used all of my cool grays C1 thru C7 (I don't have C9, so I used 110), and lets not forget the colorless blender.
The technique is great and the randomly chosen prize is the adorable "Oliver and Amelia" set from The Greeting Farm.
Check out the challenge, learn a technique, and go color something!

13 comments:

  1. The first time I saw this I knew it was a WOW card - awesome idea executed magnificently!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote! Such an awesome way to show it off. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! Lylah is PERFECT!!!! LOVE this and your coloring is so right on! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Glo! Beautiful coloring, love the rhinestones, and the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is brilliant, love the quote from ed wood x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LUV this card!! It's very classy and elegant! The gem swirl is my fav - OF COURSE! Very clever on the quote girl! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, very silver screen, thank you so much for joining in our first Color Me Copic challenge, HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, great inspiration, thanks for joining us at CMC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Gloria! The coloring is amazing and I love the paper you used. Totally great quote and a genius way to really tie in the movie. Awesome job!

    Hugs,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool looking, really does remind you of the b&w days of movies! Awesome card! Thanks for joining us for the CMC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is amazing! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh girlie...this is way awesome!!!! I agree with the poster above, I love everything about this...from your coloring, to the wood paper and your quote....ygg!!!

    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.