Friday, August 6, 2010

Simply Betty Release Hop - Victorian Beauties **2nd post today**

**This is my 2nd post of the day. If you are looking for the HDH Fiendish Friday, please scroll down.**

If you are here for the hop fresh from Eulanda's eye candy,
then you're in the right place!

Today is the day!
The Simply Betty Stamps new release hop is here!
{Please start the hop with us at the beginning on the above linked Simply Betty blog}
Betty is releasing the most amazing images for her "Victorian Beauties" line today.
She was such a doll and invited the Burtonesque Dolls to join in with the Simply Betty DT to debut these beauties. Thanks Betty! These images are some of my favorite to date! They are so fun to color and create with!
So, without further ado....

I'd like to introduce you to Mina and James
I knew immediately that I wanted to hang these two like old fashioned portraits, and I wanted to use my vintage wallpaper to act as a wall upon which to hang them. I was going to put them both on the same card, but couldn't find a pleasing juxtaposition of the two pieces together, so I made each one a separate card.
I chose to go with black and white to color both images to keep 'em looking vintage. I didn't think a sepia tone would look right with the accent color. I added red to both for a cool pop of color. I think it has a real Gothic or even a horror feel to it. I'm really diggin' it!
I was going to color their eyes red also to lend to the idea that they were vampires, but decided against it, this time.
I used some Steampunkish cog and wheel embellishments on his card, and just added some small roses for hers.
I mounted everyone on oval nesties (they come as a full length image) and voila!

Please stop by the Simply Betty Stamps website and pick up these digital images.
There are six glorious images to choose from, or get them all at a fabulous price!
 Betty is running a great sale with an even greater cause in mind.
 She is donating 50% of her sales of these images to the Ronald McDonald House in her area.

That's it for me. Thanks for hopping by.
 Now hop on over and visit Jen, as she is next up with something incredible to show you!   

32 comments:

  1. these cards have a definite 10 out of 10 wow factor xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that you made them into portraits!!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these cards are awesome darling LOVE them, i think the red eyes to make them look vamp would be very cool too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These portraits are just FABULOUS!!!!! I would be framing these beauties for my wall! Awesome job!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous portraits Creepy, lovin your style :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and it looks really pretty side by side like that.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Love that they look like medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW Glo! LOVE the way you framed the images. TOO cool! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that they are portraits! Brilliant work! Loving the Steampunk embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are incredible! I love how you made Mina and James into portraits. How perfect! Your coloring, as always, is divine. I love the pop of red, the gears on Jame's card, and the ribbon mounting on Mina's card. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome, Glo! LOVE the black & white with that POP of red... it really brings the images out. Fantastic coloring, and yeah... great minds DO think alike... the wallpaper is perfect (thanks, btw!)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am totally loving the portrait idea!! Especially with the bits of red. BRILLIANT! I really like your ribbon and dp too! And those cog thingies? Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy WOW, Gloria! The portrait are beyond GENIUS! And I love the papers you used for the walls, especially that velvet brocade - beyond fabulous! Love the manly accents - watch & gears. Totally awesome! YGG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These are great!! Very Goth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome! I love how you've coloured them both and the whole vintage picture frame idea is FAB!!
    Cheers
    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, great digi stamps...and I LOVE the way you colored adn hung them!

    Melia
    wifey7799@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card and I really like how you used just a touch of color on the images

    ReplyDelete
  18. very clever twist going with the portraits. They turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. how vintage --- love the look and would make a great family wall for the season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh these are absolutely awesome!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh!! I love love LOVE those cards! Great idea leaving them black and white too, it totally suits them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally Creepy Vintage,i love it.. it makes me think of old creepy photos hanging on the wall in a spooky house...your colouring is awesome girl...hugz Anita

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! AWESOME! The PERFECT portraits. WOW! Sorry but you have left me speechless. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love love love the coloring on these! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how you made them into portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I totally see the vibe...the wall...the portrait...so cool...what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness! I absolutely LOVE what you did with these two!! Very cool how you drated the lace behind Mina too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just WOW! Both of these are gorgeous, but I do particularly love Mina with that red bg and the wonderful lace behind her :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow what an amazing victorian steampunk card this is right on trend hot and happening i want one hugs janet

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love these two! I like how your coloring is in muted tones. The dp is great and I love the ribbon and embellies. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Creative how you made the images look like old fashion portraits. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.