Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TBD #14 Victorian Beauties

The Dolls are extra excited this week because we are working with brand new images from our very own Betty and her ultra fabulous Simply Betty Stamps! This new digi line is called Victorian Beauties and is just perfect for Burtonesque-ing! Your mission this week is to create a card/project using any female Burton character and giving her a Victorian make-over!
This is "Mina".
I probably would have picked her just cause she has a cool name, but once I saw the little skullies on her dress and hat, I knew she was the digi for me. 
 
I even got flowery and flourishy on this one.
Seems fitting for the Victorian Beauties.
I think they used flowers like we use deodorant these days.
Man, can you imagine the 'aroma' from wearing all of those layers and bustles, in an
unairconditioned world?
Um, eeew.

Join the Dolls this week for our challenge.
Simply Betty is giving away a sweet prize! 
The Victorian Beauties images will be released and available for purchase at Simply Betty Stamps later this week, and the Dolls have been invited to participate in the Release Hop on August 6th! Woot woot! So be sure to join us at the SBS Blog on Friday for more fun and chances to win the new digis!




  

10 comments:

  1. ok girlie--this is simply just breath taking...what else can I say!!! I get this warm and fuzzy feel when I look at your card...the colors, oh my...I'm so envious..I want to color like you.... you knocked this one out of the dollhouse this week...AWESOME!!!!

    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have coloured her and the skulls inthe flowers are total class, love the different shades of grey and purple x

    ReplyDelete
  3. BROL!! Love the comment about flowers and deodorant!! Wow I love the era I live in. hee hee So...you just HAD to know I'd LOVE this!! Love the bouquet of flowers you have with the little skullies in the centers. Can't wait to get my gungy lil hands on them. hee hee. I absolutley ADORE Mina and now that you say it, it could be the name!! She's just plum pretty and all dainty. LOVE THE SPARKLIE FLOURISHES!! Awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love the little skullz in the center of the flowers. It's amazing how you can make skulls look elegant! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. ditto all of the above! Your coloring is amazing, as always! I love the colors you chose as well as your embellies. Your glow-skulls go perfectly with this! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is gorgeous! I love these colors and all the details. This is just seriously stunning! WOW! Those corner punches are PERFECT and I love the flowers with the skullies and your coloring... all of it is just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Glo! Fab image and the framing and flowers are just beautiful! Perfect Victorian feel! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is freakin' fabulous! LOVE me some purple, and your coloring is awesome, chica.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply Gorgeous!!! Another stellar job in coloring, layers, textures, the whole thing! Those flowers with those skull buttons are AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.