Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Oh Davey!"

As a child of the 70's, my fondest memories
were of spending time in front of the TV watching
The Krofft Super show, The Banana Splits, or our stop-motion gift
from the Church of Latter Day Saints,
Davey and Goliath.
I worked with a guy a long time ago who was named, "Dave".
It was impossible for me to ever say his name properly. I always
said it in the voice of Goliath, and after a year or so the novelty had
worn off a bit, but I was still unable to just call him, "Dave".

Soooooo,
not really sure of the tie in here, but
I have a really cute card that I made using an image
from SBS "rag Doll" line, named "Davey".

Isn't he a doll? Really? Just too cute.
He reminds me of a magician with his top hat
and his little bunny snuggled at his feet.
Magicians are near and dear to me so I am in lurve with this image.

I kept this one really simple, but I did get a smidge
fancy with the pearl sprays coming out of the top hat.
I tried some flourishes at first, but the pearl sprays reminded me of
fireworks or sparkles which I thought conveyed a more
magical feeling.

 I'll be back tomorrow with a Salvador Dali inspired creation
for this week's Macabre Monday challenge at HDH.  
   

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous again Glo! Love that color scheme!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one glorious card. Loving the image and the colours, layout all perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea for those pearl thingys that are coming out of his hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I've got my own Davey and Goliath, but mine meows. LOL MY Davey is quite a doll himself, but this card is the cat's meoW! LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.