Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ahhh, the life...

...of a leisurely crafter.
I have recently, "opened up my dance card",
and am like a kid in a candy store trying to decide which
neglected image I want to color first!

I recently acquired some new Sweet Pea images from one of 
their newer artists, Anna Marine. 

This is the "Pumpkin Queen".
Isn't she awesome?!
I wasn't really feelin' the all white background, and I was tired
of sponging the edges, so I opted for my new favorite background
technique, painting with Distress inks.
LOVE the effect it gives. Now I need more ink colors to work with.

I went very unconventional for this type of image, and used
some ivory MS Hallowe'en paper and some ivory May Arts webbed
ribbon. I used even more ivory for the fleurs and then threw in some
pops of purple with the little rose and the stick pin.
I attached a loverly, bat charm from my buddy, Catherine ({{hugs}})
and this beauty is done!
No rhyme, no reason. Just cause I wanted to make something
new and unscheduled.
Stay tuned, lots more to come!

4 comments:

  1. Woah! Awesome hun - love that background fade effect. And loving the colour combo - gorjuss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! I really like that BG effect.
    Just beautiful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously one gorgeous looking card the white web ribbon is so elegant and creepy and your colouring is tops x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.