Thursday, January 12, 2012

Way Late Wretched Wednesday - Metal Mania!!

I am interrupting my crappy life to bring you this post.
I need the distraction.

This week's Haunted Design House challenge is
Metal Mania!!
Use metal or something metal-like on your project.

I went literal and used metal embellishments for this one.

I finally used the bat Nesties that I just had to have well over
a year ago. I die cut some cool black leather-like paper and
then layered a smaller bat cut from metal mesh on top.
I used staples to adhere the mesh and then covered them with
my main image.

I layered up a few die cut tags and then stamped the sentiment
using a Paper Make-Up stamp. I also destashed this weird
metal bat-like brad. It works, I guess.

I used this great Jasmine Becket-Griffith image called,
Bat Wings.
I also managed to add Stickles to almost everything to make it
all sparkly. Sparkles make me happy.

You still have plenty of time (until Sunday at 5PM CST) to get
something metal together and join us at HDH for this week's challenge.
You know you wanna play.... 
  

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! Hope life settles down into a more positive note for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope life looks up for you soon :)

    This is one amazing piece!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hun! Hope things go peacefully for you and the family. . . xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this! She reminds me of one of my favorite book characters.:) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow. this is like a $15 card. I don't know how you do it!!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.