Friday, June 29, 2012

Dilly Beans tag challenge

Today's challenge theme at Dilly Beans Friday challenge is
tags.
I can count on one hand how many tags I have made
in my entire crafting career. Not that I have anything
against tags, I just don't use them much in my gift
giving. I usually just include a handmade card.
Until now.
I love making tags! So flippin' fun!!! And so much
faster to create than my marathon (2 hours minimum,
but usually even longer) cards. I am trying to work on
limiting my time spent on coloring to under 30 minutes,
but I can barely finish most images in less than an hour.
I'm kinda a slow sculptor too.

Anyhoo,

here's my tag.
I used my favorite Dilly Beans image (shhhh! don't tell the others),
Monster Boy
 He colors up like a dream and is so darn cute and versatile!
For a monster boy, anyway.

I used a coffin image from Tiddly Inks as my tag base,
and then just added a cool tombstone ad stamp,
and an all occasion rhinestone spider brad. 
This is not the last coffin shaped tag you will see from me!

Stop by Dilly Beans Friday challenge for some inspiration
and maybe get addicted to tags yourself. Even better, enter
the challenge and you could win not only the envy and accolades
of your peers, but you could win some free Dilly Beans images of
your very own!





Quick sgraffito update:
It's slow going, but this is the back of the skull.
I started this a few months ago, and I had hoped to have it
completed in time for National Skull Appreciation Day, but
that did not happen. I'm shooting for Hallowe'en at this point.
I kinda hated the bat when I first did it, but there is no going back
once you scratch into the skull. So, I figured by adding all the other
flourishy schtuff, the goofiness of the bat wouldn't be so pronounced
(to me anyway - a Virgo and an insecure artist! Egads!).
I'm having fun adding as many "S" shaped flourishes as possible.
My last name begins with an "S", so I think it's kinda cool. 
Overall, I'm likin' it.

Have a great weekend, and
Keep it Creepy!

  

4 comments:

  1. I love that skull thing you are doing - very cool! The tag is fun - monster boy looks great on that coffin (wonderful idea btw). I can't wait to play in this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! But I love everything you do. I can totally understand why this monster boy would be a favorite...I just love Megan's work!

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I'd thought of that TI coffin! May need to lift for an upcoming challenge. LOL This is about the cutest tag I've ever seen and your skull is looking FABULOUS! Love the swirlies around the bat (and the bat, for that matter). Can't wait to see how it turns out. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag, supreme. Can't wait to see the skull finished. xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.