Thursday, October 11, 2012

Is this normal?

I have been working so hard that my fingers have been going numb lately.
That's probably not good. Might need to start sleeping in a wrist splint.
I hate getting old.
 
Bats in the Belfry is the challenge theme at HDH this week.
 
I have been working on a set of 10 Hallowe'en themed ornaments for a friend.
One of her ornie requests is a bat. How lucky for me.
 
I sculpted the bat from polymer clay and then added glass beads for the eyes.

I decided he needed some texture, so I used a satin finish sealer
on his nose, wings and ears. Kind of gives a leathery or wet appearance.  

So cute!
I have more ornies to share with you, but you'll have to hold out until next week.  
Here's a sneak peek though...
 
There are some creepy cuties waiting behind the cemetery gates.
Stay tuned....
 

6 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound good your hands going numb!! He is a cutie and those cemetary gates are so cool (where did you get them from?). I CANNOT wait to see the rest of the ornaments you have made, always super cool x

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so cute! I want one!!!! love bats! hmmmm I may have to place an order soon...Merry Creepmas to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a tease ;)
    can't wait till next week now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Great job capturing the "batness" in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I hope your hands are feeling better now! That's really scary.

    The bat tree & gate are fabulous.

    Just linked to you from my blog because I finally zombified GW! Thanks again for the inspiration!

    http://oddments.blogspot.com/2012/10/george-washington-zombie.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.