Thursday, May 1, 2014

Working in the lab, late one night...

When the current Mad Scientist challenge at HDH was announced, 
I had so many ideas of how to illustrate this theme.
But then I realized I was running out of time, and
maybe I should think on a less grand scale.
So, I decided to scale way back , and create some
teeny tiny monsters for my mad scientist laboratory.

"Say hello, to my leedle friends!!!"

Little #13 is my favorite of the bunch. He'll probably stay in my
personal collection, while some of the others will be listed in my Etsy shop. 
I sculpted #13 out of polymer clay and then adorned him with various
acrylic paints. I placed him under a mini glass cloche from TH.
I have also included some hummingbird feathers and some cat nail casings
in their own jars. I love these tiny jars. Just wish the mouths were larger to 
accommodate my creatures. 

How cute is this one?
I had to add something to the bottle to help keep #57
cozy, so I used some Shaved Ice from Stampendous. 

#002 is an "Eye Worm".  Yup, just one eye on this little guy. 
I dropped some copper sparkle mica powder in the bottom to give the
idea of some fancy schmancy soil for the worm.

Here is a Dragon-type embryo head thing. He's cute, but strangely, never
grew appendages. Hence the display cloche. I used a TH pin-thing to hold
the specimen tag inside the cloche.

Some of the weird schtuff I have saved for just such an occasion as this. 
The "Terrier Teeth" are all Charlie's puppy teeth. Probably like 7 or 8 of them.
They were too oddly shaped to fit in a smaller bottle, so the larger one will have to do.



That's it for me today.

Make sure to stop by the HDH blog and check out the other awesome
inspiration pieces by our extremely talented design team.

Keep it creepy!!!

4 comments:

  1. They are so preciousssssss! And now I know what to do with all the puppy teeth I have saved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly you need to put these in your shop. I am interested in getting some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute - in a creep kinda way *U*. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked cool specimen tubes! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.