Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I just can't get enough of her!

I don't know what it is about her, but I just can't get enough of
Marie Antoinette!
Aurora Wings has a stunning Marie that I colored to resemble a zombie of
the highest regard. She was quite a remarkable result of Copics, a googly eye,
and a deviant mentality. All mine. You can see her for yourself right here

I have another Marie image that was drawn by one of my favorite artists,
Abigail Larson. She is quite a talented dark artist, who has done some
images for SBS, which is where I got the image. 
I have had her stashed away for months, and am thrilled to have finally
brought her to life....

Isn't she lovely? 
Oh, so tragically undead, and lovely.
  
I was inspired by the current Left Of Center challenge 
of black, white, and one other color.
I chose to use my (other) favorite color, yellow green

I used Lime Green Stickles for some sparkle on the oval frame,
and the die cut leaves. I managed to get a decent photo of the glitter.
It's harder to capture on film than you'd think. 

I used some definition dp (from parts unknown), and was able to arrange it
so that the word and definition for scar, is visible under her portrait.
I thought that was kind of cool.

She was a blast to color, and a challenge to keep her in shades of black
and yellow green. I used Warm Grays for her dress and facial shading, 
Toner Grays for her hair, and Neutral Grays for the background.
All of the greens are G09, YG17, YG25, YG03, YG01, YG00, and YG0000.   

I am rather proud of this one.

I'd like to show her off, and enter her in the following challenges:
  

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Abigail Larson, and this card is MAGNIFICENT! Actually better than magnificent but at 3:00 a.m. my brain might as well be zombie-food, that's how useful it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, Glo! She's pretty epic. Your color choices are perfect. This whole piece is perfect. Amazing job, as always. Thanks for joining us at A Step in the Dark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why......AMAZEBALLS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love that image, too. And you have done an amazing job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at your work, Glo. I think that this is my favorite, although I am partial to Mitzi's too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thanks for joining us at LOC. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that Marie is quite an addictive chick! Another fab make and image. I'm GREEN with envy! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning love the colors just brilliant thanks for joining in at Left of Centre

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is sooo cool...love that green colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally Stunning! Thanks for joining us at LOC and A Step in the Dark! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should be proud! Gorgeous color and love every bit of detail you have added. Wowowo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, I love the colours and your colouring is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Wow wow. A lovely project, love the image and the gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining A Step In The Dark this fortnight. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.