Monday, July 7, 2014

Eerily Inspired Box of Emptiness

Welcome to week 2 of our 
Eerie Inspiration challenge

I'd say that this photo collage is brimming with eerie, beautiful, dusty,
thought provoking, mojo whetting, inspiration. Wouldn't you?

I decided to alter a paper mache box.

This is the lid. I used some ripped dp and crackle paste for the texture, 
on both the box, and the lid.

I gathered up some monotone goodies like paper roses, the ever
popular cheesecloth, some little round mirrors, a wooden cross that I painted 
with crackle paint, a polymer clay coffin that also got the same crackle treatment, 
and some other goodies for equal measure. I ended up adding other tones like 
pearl, amber, gold, and silver for more interest.  

I added some little wooden cups for feet on the bottom of the box.
I like the height they give, and it makes it look a bit more fancy 
than just a common box. For a last hurrah, I rubbed the edges of the
box and crackle texture with Inka Gold in silver. It gives the box the
look of old, heavy silver. Love it!    

Wanna make something cool for this challenge?
Enter here.

I'd like to enter this box in the following challenges:


11 comments:

  1. OOOH I LOVE it, Glo! Fab collection of goodies so artfully arranged. Love the additiion of the little feet to the box and all of your texture finishes. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great box! Fun elements - love the mix of spooky and bling - wonderfully done! One of my favorites you have done! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...Love it... so much wonder to look at, I adore the texture & elements..Fabulous idea to add the feet...Thank you for joining us at Altered Electics... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this is such a pretty kind of creepy, Glo! :D Love the pudgy spider!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an awesome project love it. Thanks for joining in at Punk You Girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the schniz nit of all boxes!! Crackle delight and love love love it all. Amazing inspiration and will keep trying. Everything I have done just is not turning out right. You have re-inspired me with this beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What interesting techniques you used to get a scary box.Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card this cahllenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous piece of art you've made, I like all the details and you have made great use of the inspirational pics. =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great box - love the textures and details...just perfect for our Skeletons and Secrets challenge at Punk You Girl - thanks for sharing with us x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great box! Love all the little details and the silver is gorgeous! Thank you for joining the Crafting At The Weekend Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.