Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Macabre Monday: I scream for ice cream!

The new Macabre Monday challenge is up!
The Minions would like you to watch this short film, and be inspired by it.



Cute, right?
I made a list of possible bits of inspiration while I was watching the film.
Checkered floor, boy and girl, ice cream, scary man, kid in a blender, blended kid.
And this is what I came up with...

Since I didn't have a blender stamp, I had to improvise a bit.
I used this cool checkered background from Tiddly Inks and 
used stamps from Inkadinkado's (?) SPLAT! set to bloody up the
background. The red embossing powder I use smells like cherries.
Added bonus!

I stamped Spider Girl from Stampotique, colored her with Copics, 
and fussy cut her and her spider out. I highlighted them both a bit 
with a white gel pen. I also wanted to tie in the whole ice cream thing, so 
I drew up a small ice cream cone and added it to her dress.

I just had to have this spider web die from LaLa Land (I think).
Cut it twice, and sparkled it up a bit with Crystal Stickles.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Be sure to drop by HDH and see the other incredibly inspiring work
for this challenge.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
TTCRD - Anything Goes 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you used your inspiration very well indeed! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love all of the texture! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze and good luck.

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Duper card...i love it.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky and very cute!! Great ideas for your creation. Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee Hee! Nice! I'm still thinkin' on this one. Hmmm... checkered floor, LOVE and cherry smelling blood. YUMBO! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goes perfectly with the video. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. GReat card, Thanks for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of a video as inspiration! Such fun! Your card is great :D Those red Splats are brilliant!

    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!! Creepishly delightful! Thanx for joining us at TTPH Challenges.

    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.